Solar Shade USA, LLC provides a limited warranty on all the productsit supplies. This warranty is the buyer’s warranty and no other warranty is implied. This warranty is in effect from the date of payment in full and is void if the structure is not assembled and installed and maintained in accordance with Solar Shade USA installation and warranty instructions.
· The purchaser must notify Solar Shade USA in writing of any warranty claim.
· Solar Shade USA may repair or replace any item covered by this warranty, at the sole discretion of Solar Shade USA.
· This warranty is void if any modification is made to the steel structure components or fabric without written authorization from Solar Shade USA. Unauthorized modification may result in structural steel or fabric damage.
· This warranty is void if damage to the steel components or fabric is the result of vandalism, misuse, acts of God, including but not limited to snow, ice or wind in excess of the applicable building code or the result of the owner’s failure to perform regular maintenance.
· Solar Shade USA denies any implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose and Solar Shade USA will not in any event be liable for indirect, consequential or liquidated damages
All upright steel components fabricated by Solar Shade are warranted to perform structurally for a period of 10 years. Painted surfaces are warranted for 1 year. If you accidentally damage the paint finish, please contact us for touch up paint.
Solar Shade USA Knitted Fabric
Solar Shade fabrics carry a limited 10-year performance warranty, effective from the date of payment in full.
· The fabric is warranted against structural UV degradation, significant color fading (except red & yellow), deterioration from normal outdoor heat or cold.
· This warranty is void if fabric is exposed to chemicals or vandalism, misuse, acts of God, including but not limited to snow, ice or wind in excess of the applicable building code or the result of the owner’s failure to perform regular inspections and maintenance.
o The knitted shade fabric should be inspected at least a quarterly basis for tightness and to check for any signs of wear or tear damage.
o If the shade fabric is exposed to severe wind, snow or ice loads there may be a need for the fabric to be re-tensioned after the event ceases, so that the fabric maintains the required tension to perform as designed and avoid any possibility of mechanical damage taking place as a result of excessive movement of loose fabric. Re-tensioning is easily accomplished by using a socket wrench at the central hub, end of arm dynamic tensioner or by adjusting the turnbuckle(s).
o If your shade fabric is damaged by any mechanical means, such as bird strike, wind blown debris, projectile impact such as stones thrown from mowers, vandalism or chemical exposure, it should be repaired as soon as possible by removing the fabric, ship to Solar Shade USA and we will repair and ship back.
· If the fabric we provide fails to perform under normal use that is within the intended design, Solar Shade USA will provide repair or replace fabric as follows:
1 to 5 years after payment in full: Solar Shade USA will pay 100% of replacement fabric cost 6 to 10 years after payment in full: Solar Shade USA will pay 50% of replacement fabric cost
Solar Shade USA structures are designed and fabricated in accordance to applicable codes and standards. Wind loads are derived using ASCE 7-10 with coefficients derived from testing the actual material. Steel is designed per current AISC specifications.
Our structures are appropriately engineered to carry all required loads and manufactured in accordance with accepted standards and practice.
During a high wind occurrence, there are typically significant, extremely high wind bursts and wind-blown debris. It is not possible to anticipate nor practical to design for these conditions.
We warrant that the design is in accordance with the applicable code and that we manufacture the structures in accordance with accepted standards and practice. We are not able to guarantee that the structure will not be damaged during a high wind occurrence and we strongly recommend that the simple fabric removal process be followed when high winds are anticipated.
This warranty goes into effect when we are paid in full AND when we receive photos of the competed installation, including photos of each tensioning mechanism.
If you have warranty questions please address them to: email@example.com