Solar Shade USA, LLC provides a limited warranty on all the products it supplies. This warranty is the buyers warranty and no other warranty is implied. This warranty is in effect from the date of payment in full and is void if the structure is not assembled and installed in accordance with Solar Shade USA installation instructions, or installed by a Solar Shade USA authorized installer.
- The purchaser must notify Solar Shade USA in writing of any warranty claim.
- Solar Shade USA may repair or replace any item covered by this warranty, at the sole discretion of Solar Shade USA. Labor for replacement of fabric covered by this warranty will only be paid by Solar Shade USA, if the original installation was performed by Solar Shade USA or its authorized independent representative.
- This warranty is void if any modification is made to the steel structure or fabric without written authorization from Solar Shade USA. Unauthorized modification may result in structural steel or fabric damage.
- This warranty is void if damage to the structural steel or fabric is the result of vandalism, misuse, acts of God, including but not limited to snow, ice or wind in excess of the applicable building code or the result of the owner’s failure to perform regular maintenance.
- Solar Shade USA denies any implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose and Solar Shade USA will not in any event be liable for indirect, consequential or liquidated damages
All steel components fabricated by Solar Shade are warranted for a period of 10 years against all structural failure due to corrosion, deterioration, or workmanship. Painted surfaces and workmanship are warranted for 1 year.
Solar Shade Knitted Fabric
Solar Shade fabrics carry a limited 10 year performance warranty, effective from the date of payment in full.
- In the event the owner has specified the use of a fabric that is not knitted and fabricated by Solar Shade USA, Solar Shade USA will pass through the manufacturer’s warranty to the customer.
- The fabric is warranted against significant color fading (except red or orange), deterioration, mildew and damage from normal outdoor heat or cold.
- This warranty is void if fabric is exposed to chemicals or vandalism, misuse, acts of God, including but not limited to snow, ice or wind in excess of the applicable building code or the result of the owner’s failure to perform regular inspections and maintenance.
- The knitted shade fabric should be inspected on a quarterly basis for tightness and to check for any signs of wear or tear damage. Refer to the care and maintenance guide provided with the structure.
- If the shade fabric is exposed to severe wind, snow or ice loads there may be a need for the fabric to be re-tensioned after the event ceases, so the fabric maintains the required tension to perform as designed and avoid any possibility of mechanical damage taking place as a result of excessive flapping of loose fabric. For Re-tensioning please refer to the maintenance guide that was provided with the structure.
- If your shade fabric is damaged by any mechanical means, such as bird strike, windblown debris, projectile impact such as stones thrown from mowers, vandalism or chemical exposure, it should be repaired as soon as possible to prevent further damage.
- If the fabric we provide fails to perform under normal use that is within the intended design, Solar Shade will provide replacement fabric as follows:
- 1 to 8 years after payment in full: Solar Shade will pay 100% of replacement fabric cost
- 8 to 9 years after payment in full: Solar Shade will pay 50% of replacement fabric cost
- 9 to 10 years after payment in full: Solar Shade will pay 25% of the replacement fabric cost.
Solar Shade USA structures are designed and fabricated in accordance to applicable codes and standards. Wind loads are derived using ASCE 7-05 with coefficients derived from testing the actual material. Steel is designed per current AISC specifications.
Our structures are appropriately engineered to carry all required loads, and manufactured in accordance with accepted standards and practice.
During a high wind occurrence, there are typically significant, extremely high wind bursts and windblown debris. It is not possible to anticipate nor practical to design for these conditions.
We warrant that the design is in accordance with the applicable code and that we manufacture the structures in accordance with accepted standards and practice. We are not able to guarantee that the structure will not be damaged during a high wind occurrence and we strongly recommend that the simple fabric removal process be followed when high winds are anticipated.
If you have warranty questions please address them to: email@example.com
View our 7 year Ultra Violet Warranty here (PDF) >